SECOND NOTICE OF ANNUAL MEETING AND ELECTION OF DIRECTORS OF OCEANFRONT PLAZA CONDOMINIUM ASSOCIATION, INC.
This notice with envelopes, candidates information sheets and amendment proposed were timely sent by regular mail to all membership.
TO ALL MEMBERS:
On TUESDAY, DECEMBER 13, 2022 at 7:00 PM, in THE SECOND FLOOR RECREATION ROOM (2625 COLLINS AVENUE, MIAMI BEACH, FL 33140), the Annual Meeting of the Association will be held for the purpose of electing Directors, and such other business as may lawfully be conducted. . The agenda for the Annual Meeting is:
1. Election of Inspectors of Elections.
2. Election of Directors.
3. Election of Chairman.
4. Proof of Notice of Meeting; or Waiver of Notice.
5. Reading or Waiving of Minutes of Prior Meeting.
6. Officers’ Reports.
7. Unfinished Business.
8. New Business. (a) Amendment to require installation of impact windows
THE CONDOMINIUM DOCUMENTS PROVIDE THAT A QUORUM SHALL BE THOSE MEMBERS WHO ATTEND THE MEETING IN PERSON OR BY PROXY, in order for the business to be conducted, excluding election of Directors. No quorum is necessary for the election of Directors; however, at least twenty (20%) percent of the eligible voters must cast a ballot in order to have a valid election. It is therefore VERY IMPORTANT that you either attend or provide a proxy in order to conduct business other than the election of Directors.
Enclosed with this Notice is a ballot for the election of Directors, as well as timely submitted Information Sheets, prepared by the candidates for the Board, who are solely responsible for their contents. The Association is transmitting this information in accordance with the requirements of Florida Law; however, the Association is not in a position to verify the accuracy of the information or statements contained therein and disclaims any responsibility for the information contained within the Information Statements.
Instructions for Marking and Returning Ballot for Directors. FORGERY OF A BALLOT USED IN AN ELECTION IS A CRIME PUNISHABLE AS A THIRD-DEGREE FELONY.
1. The enclosed ballot lists all candidates who are qualified to run for the Board. There will be five (5) Directors elected. Please vote for no more than five (5) candidates by marking the ballot with an “X” on the box next to the candidate’s name.
2. The ballot must be placed and sealed in the ballot envelope. The ballot envelope must then be placed and sealed in the envelope addressed to the Association and mailed to the Association’s mailing address.
3. You must fill in the unit information on the outside of the envelope addressed to the Association and have the owner or one of the married owners or the voting member appointed on the Certificate Appointing Voting Member sign his/her name.
4. The ballot must be received by the Association no later than TUESDAY, DECEMBER 13, 2022.
5. If you are going to attend the Annual Meeting, you may cast your ballot at the meeting. Ballots will be available at the meeting.
VOTING BY PROXY
If you are unable to attend the Annual Meeting and wish to vote by proxy, please note the following information about PROXIES:
1. A general proxy is for the purpose of establishing a quorum and appointing another person to vote for you on parliamentary procedure or other matters that do not require a limited proxy. It must be signed by the person authorized to cast the vote for the unit. Please note that you cannot vote for Directors by proxy. If you intend to vote for Directors and do not attend the Annual Meeting, you must vote by use of the enclosed Election Ballot.
2. The proxy must be submitted to the Association prior to the scheduled time of the meeting. It can be sent via hand-delivery to the Management Office, via mail addressed to the Association’s mailing address at: 2625 Collins Avenue, Miami Beach, FL 33140, via e-mail to: email@example.com, or via facsimile to: 305-672-0457. It is encouraged that the proxy be submitted as long before the meeting as possible, in order to avoid delay in registration.
3. If you appoint a proxy and later decide you will be able to attend the meeting in person, you may withdraw your proxy when you register at the meeting.
4. A proxy may be revoked in writing or superseded by a later proxy to another person. It may also be assigned (substituted) by the person designated on the proxy to a third person if the person you designate as proxy decides that he or she will be unable to attend the meeting.
5. A proxy form is enclosed with this notice for your use, if needed.
Please be sure to mail in your proxy and your ballot, unless you plan to attend the Annual Meeting to cast your votes in person. DO NOT PLACE YOUR PROXY INSIDE THE BALLOT ENVELOPE AS THIS MAY COMPROMISE THE SECRECY OF YOUR BALLOT IN THE ELECTION.
Immediately following the Annual Meeting, the organizational meeting of the Board of Directors will be held for the purpose of electing officers of the Association and such other business as may lawfully be conducted. The agenda for the Board Meeting is as follows:
1. Certifying quorum – Call to Order.
2. Proof of Notice of Meeting.
3. New Business – a. Elect Officers.
b. Fining Procedures and Committee
Dated: November 28, 2022.
BY ORDER OF THE BOARD OF DIRECTORS
The undersigned hereby appoints: __________________________________ as my proxy, with full powers of substitution, for and in the names, place and stead of the undersigned, to appear, represent and cast votes upon any matters on behalf of the undersigned at the Annual Meeting of the Membership of Oceanfront Plaza Condominium Association, Inc. to be held on TUESDAY, DECEMBER 13, 2022 at 7:00 PM, in THE SECOND FLOOR RECREATION ROOM (2625 COLLINS AVENUE, MIAMI BEACH, FL 33140) and any adjournment thereof. (To the extent this Limited Proxy/Ballot is utilized as a proxy, and to the extent you fail to designate a proxyholder or your designated proxyholder does not attend the meeting, it will be presumed that the President of the Association shall serve as your proxyholder). In the event I attend the meeting, this will act as my ballot. I specifically authorize and instruct my proxyholder to cast my vote in reference to the following matters as indicated below. Otherwise, this will serve as a General Proxy.
The question below can only be voted on by the unit owner. A proxyholder’s vote will not be counted. Owner must fill out the vote below:
Vote on amendment to Article X(B), Paragraph 7 of the Declaration to require unit owners to install impact glass on windows and sliding doors. (See attached wording)
0 Vote FOR amendment 0 Vote AGAINST amendment
Dated: , 2022.
SIGNATURE(S) OF OWNER(S) OR VOTING MEMBER:
Signature: Print Name:
Signature: Print Name:
DO NOT COMPLETE THIS SECTION. This section is only to be filled in by the proxyholder if they wish to appoint a substitute proxyholder.
SUBSTITUTION OF PROXY
The undersigned, appointed as proxy above, does hereby designate _____________________ to substitute for me in the proxy set forth above.
Dated: , 2022.
THIS PROXY IS REVOCABLE BY THE UNIT OWNER AND IS VALID ONLY FOR THE MEETING FOR WHICH IT IS GIVEN AND ANY LAWFUL ADJOURNMENT. IN NO EVENT IS THE PROXY VALID FOR MORE THAN NINETY (90) DAYS FROM THE DATE OF THE ORIGINAL MEETING FOR WHICH IT WAS GIVEN.
NOTE: THIS FORM CANNOT BE USED FOR THE ELECTION OF DIRECTORS.
OCEANFRONT PLAZA CONDOMINIUM ASSOCIATION, INC.
BALLOT FOR ELECTING DIRECTORS
TUESDAY, DECEMBER 13, 2022
The following (in alphabetical order) have had their names placed into nomination. Vote for no more than five (5) candidates. If you vote for more than five (5) candidates, your ballot will be invalid.
0 BLANCO, LINA R.
0 CAVALHEIRO MARIO, BETINA
0 GROSS, ALBERT
0 MANDELL, MICHAEL
0 RAMOS, MARIA LAURA
0 VILAR, MARIA TERESA
To access and view the PROPOSED AMENDMENT TO THE DECLARATION OF CONDOMINIUM OF OCEANFRONT PLAZA, A CONDOMINIUM and the information sheets with CV of candidates, please go to the Annual Meeting file or to Notices.
Share This Story, Choose Your Platform!