FIRST NOTICE OF DATE OF ANNUAL MEETING AND BOARD ELECTION OF
OCEANFRONT PLAZA CONDOMINIUM ASSOCIATION, INC.
AND PROCEDURE FOR QUALIFYING FOR BOARD
TO ALL MEMBERS:
On TUESDAY, DECEMBER 13, 2022 at 7:00 PM, in THE SECOND FLOOR RECREATION ROOM (2625 COLLINS AVENUE, MIAMI BEACH, FL 33140), the Annual Meeting of the Association will be held for the purpose of electing Directors, and such other business as may lawfully be conducted. Subsequent to this “FIRST NOTICE” you will receive a “SECOND NOTICE OF ANNUAL MEETING” that will specify the agenda and advise of other important information concerning the Annual Meeting.
The purpose of this Notice is to advise you of the date, time and place of the Annual Meeting and Election and to inform you of the process for qualifying for the Board.
QUALIFYING FOR THE BOARD
On or before THURSDAY, NOVEMBER 3, 2022, you must give written notice to the Association of your intent to run for the Board. The enclosed “Notice of Intent to be a Candidate for the Board” may be used for that purpose. Please note that if the deadline to receive the Notice of Intent to be a Candidate falls on a day when the Association Office is closed, the deadline is NOT extended.
The Notice of Intent to be a Candidate must be received by the Association no later than the stated deadline and it is the Candidate’s responsibility to ensure timely receipt by the Association. The notice can be sent via regular mail or hand-delivery to the Association’s mailing address: 2625 Collins Avenue, Miami Beach, FL 33140, via e-mail to: email@example.com , or via facsimile to: 305-672-0457.
You may submit an Information Sheet, on only 1 side of a page no larger than 8-1/2 inches by 11 inches, containing your qualifications and/or platform for office. This information sheet must be submitted to the Association on or before TUESDAY, NOVEMBER 8, 2022.
The ballots and timely submitted Information Sheets will be mailed to voting members, with the Second Notice of the Annual Meeting, not less than fourteen (14) days prior to the date of the Annual Meeting.
A voting certificate is being provided to determine who the voting member will be for your unit, if your unit is owned by more than one person or a corporation. FORGERY OF A VOTING CERTIFICATE USED IN AN ELECTION IS A CRIME PUNISHABLE AS A THIRD-DEGREE FELONY. Please note the following information about VOTING CERTIFICATES:
1. A voting certificate is for the purpose of establishing who is authorized to vote for a unit owned by more than one person (except if married couples) or a corporation. A voting certificate is not needed if the unit is owned by only one person or by a married couple.
2. A voting certificate is not a proxy and cannot be used as such. Only an owner or an appropriate corporate officer can be named on a voting certificate, not a third party.
3. A voting certificate must be signed by all of the owners of the unit or an appropriate corporate officer.
4. A voting certificate is enclosed with this notice for your use, if needed.
5. The person designated in the voting certificate will receive the Second Notice pertaining to the election of directors and be authorized to cast the ballot for the election.
Dated: October 12, 2022.
BY ORDER OF THE BOARD OF DIRECTORS
ALBERTO GROSS, SECRETARY